Interactive Cloud OS is a multi-functional operating system optimized and designed for virtualization and cloud computing. It is not based on any other operating system, but designed and built completely from scratch. It is based on the newest Linux Kernels.
The Interactive Cloud OS is an operating system, sitting directly on top of the server hardware (confer to the black bar below).
On top of the hardware, you can find the Cloud OS. It contains several add-on modules (e.g. Firewall, Software Switch for Networking, Denial-of-Service Mitigation). It contains a Web GUI as well (red) to manage the server with a regular web browser.
It shows the hardware as fundament, the Interactive Cloud OS as the operating system and several important services and their connections integrated.
On top of the Interactive Cloud OS, there is room for plenty other Internet add-on services (blue) and Third-Party Software (purple), e.g., Monitoring Tools, Virus and Malware scan.
Interactive Cloud OS is a Host OS, giving the ability to install other OS on the same machine (the Guest OS). Since we use the latest technology and optimize it for cloud computing only, we achieve high performance and high security.
From the administrator perspective it looks like this:
This shows many different Guest OS running on the Interactive Cloud OS (e.g. RedHat, SuSE Enterprise Linux, Microsoft Windows, Debian, Ubuntu…).
The amount of such Guest OSes is only limited by your hardware resources (CPU, RAM and HDD Space). It allows for server consolidation (many OS on one server) and centralized management and security.
In a deployment with more than one server, resources can be shared and balanced among your cloud, Virtual Machines can be shifted from one computer to another.
- Reduce costs by using less hardware
- Enhance flexibility of your installation by moving your VMs locally or worldwide
- Reduce the CO2 footprint
- Balance the Load of your servers
- Allocate more space dynamically when you need it
- Use VMs for testing or updating procedures
- Destroy a VM when a test fails and start a new one in seconds from your saved snapshot
- Use snapshots to clone your installation
- Use snapshots to backup and cold-standby your services
- Secure your servers with central security management
- Connect your cloud worldwide via strong VPN tunnels and act worldwide
With the free and OpenSource Interactive Cloud OS, you can run many other operating systems on one computer in a fast, safe and reliable way.
By adding additional computers, you will be able to run your own cloud – up to hundreds of computers with virtual unlimited machines and applications.
Since Interactive Cloud OS is free and Open Source, there is no faster way to get into the cloud.
Build your cloud your own way!