We need more samples from other hardware vendors:
So please help us to test our operating system for optimum performance and reliability:
There are 3 ways to help us:
- Test our Interactive Cloud OS on your hardware (and send us the logfiles via E-Mail).
- Send us your hardware to our Lab in Frankfurt / Main (for 2-3 weeks).
- Give us remote access (e.g. via Internet connected KVM Switch or Remote Access Card (HP ILO, Dell DRAC, IBM Remote Management, …).
We are looking for major brands (19″ rack form factor only), e.g. Asus, DELL, HP, Lenovo, Fujitsu Siemens, SuperMicro… All systems must be 64bit Intel or AMD. No RISC or Power PC Chips are supported.
Please enlist by using the Contact page.
Linux Kernel 3.10
From July 5th 2013, we are compiling our Interactive Cloud OS with Linux Kernel 3.10, so this is the first Linux distribution based on this kernel.
The ISO image has a size of roughly ~ 617 MB, so the image does nicely fit on one regular CD. No DVD drive is needed for installation!
This Interactive Cloud OS edition is tested successfully in a standard KVM environment, we need to do some additional testing on more hardware before BETA release, though.
The installation will be tested from 8th – 12th of July on this hardware:
- Hewlett Packard Proliant DL 380 G4
- Hewlett Packard Proliant DL 380 G5
- Hewlett Packard Proliant DL 380 G6
After DL 380 G6 testing, the release will be regarded as operational and will be released testers.
Beginning August, 2013, there will be additional tests on hardware::
- Hewlett Packard Proliant DL 380 G7
- Hewlett Packard Proliant DL 380 G8